Happy Sunday friends!
Yesterday I was watching D.C. Cupcakes on TV and it inspired me to make cupcakes! I was looking on Pinterest for ideas on what to make and I came across these. I don’t take credit for this recipe, I just found it and wanted to share with you guys! You can read the site I got this recipe from here or read mine (they’re the same).
- *This recipe will make about 30 cupcakes.
- For the cupcake batter:
- -1 cup of butter, softened
- -2 cups granulated sugar
- -4 eggs, room temperature
- -1 teaspoon vanilla
- -2 and ¾ cups all purpose flour
- -2 teaspoons baking powder
- -1 cup milk, room temperature
- For the buttercream:
- -1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- -3 and ½ cups powdered sugar
- -2 to 4 tablespoons heavy cream or milk (I used milk)
- -1 teaspoon vanilla
- -pinch of salt
- For the strawberry filling:
- -3 to 4 cups finely diced strawberries
- -1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- ^ I didn’t do exactly 3 to 4 cups of strawberries. I just cut some up until I thought it was a good amount.
INSTRUCTIONS-1. Preheat oven to 350 F.2. Line 3 cupcake pans with cupcake papers and spray them with PAM Non-Stick cooking spray so the batter doesn’t stick. (I only had one pan with 12 cupcake slots so I just filled it and put it in the oven 3 different times.)Batter Instructions:
- 1. In a mixing bowl (I used a KitchenAid mixer) cream the butter and sugar for 2-3 minutes or until fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time and then beat in the vanilla.
- 2. In a separate bowl, whisk the flour and baking powder together.
- 3. Alternately mix the dry ingredients with the wet. Each time you alternate, add in the milk.
- 4. Stir until combined.
- 5. Spoon the batter into the cupcake liners. I only filled each liner halfway because the cupcake will rise in the oven.
- 6. Bake for 15-20 minutes. (I took my cupcakes out at exactly 17 minutes each time)
- 7. Take out and let cool for 5-10 minutes before adding icing.
- Buttercream Instructions:
- 1. Beat the softened butter in a mixing bowl for about 2-3 minutes, or until fluffy.
- 2. Beat in the powdered sugar, vanilla, and heavy cream or milk until you get a spreadable consistency.
- 3. Beat for about 3-4 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Strawberry Filling Instructions:
- 1. Cut up about 10 strawberries, or how ever many you think will be good.
- 2. Sprinkle sugar over them.
- 3. Put in refrigerator for about 15 minutes.
- After the cupcakes and icing were done, I put the icing into a Ziploc bag and then cut a small part off of one of the corners so that I could frost them. We don’t have piping bags, but if you do, use those! Next, I spread just a little bit of icing across the top of each cupcake so that when I put a few strawberries in the middle, they would stay better. After that, I just piped the icing around the strawberries in a circle. I only did 3 diced strawberries on each cupcake, but more or less works as well. Mine weren’t as pretty and neat as the lady that came up with the recipe, but that’s ok! I’m no professional when it comes to baking, haha!
I really encourage y’all to get in the kitchen and bake something, even if it’s not these! I find it relaxing and it’s just fun.. and sometimes messy. 🙂 Let me know if you end up baking them and tell me how they turn out. My family loved them! Thank you for reading my blog.
*I take no credit for this recipe.*